Getting help with your housing costs

For most families, housing costs represent the single largest slice of the family budget. So, for lots of people, finding affordable housing is a must.

The Centre de santé communautaire du Grand Sudbury provides an up-to-date list of affordable housing units in the City of Greater Sudbury. You can download the list here or call 705-618-8810 for service in English or French.

The City of Greater Sudbury’s Housing Services handle applications for rent-geared-to-income (subsidized) housing. For information or to submit an application go to their website, call (705) 671-2489, ext. 4678 or email

Low-income families that are in arrears with their rent or need financial assistance with first and last month's rent due to an emergency or unforeseen circumstances can request help from the Community Homelessness Prevention Initiative by calling 705-618-8810. And, the provincial government’s Low Income Energy Assistance Program  helps families with energy-related emergencies such as dealing with arrears, providing security deposits or covering reconnection costs. For information about all of these programs, call the Centre de santé communautaire du Grand Sudbury at 705-618-8810

Finally, check out this resource called What tenants need to know about the law. If you have a concern about your rental housing or if you have questions about your rights as a tenant, call the Landlord and Tenant Board at 1-888-332-3234 or visit the board’s website.


This content was prepared and reviewed by the City of Greater Sudbury and its partners. However, it should not take the place of advice from your health care provider or other professionals working with you and your child. 

Notice a broken link or an error or omission in this content? Email to let us know.